One of the very best plants for cleaning the air, this glossy dark green Rubber Plant deserves a spot on your desk or in your bedroom (or in the kitchen, or the bathroom, or the den... you get the idea!)
This slower growing, smaller variety, Ficus elastica 'Melany', features dark green to red leaves that emerge from peachy coral sheaths - talk about an unveiling! Even though Melany is a more petite rubber plant, like all plants from this family, given the right conditions, they can grow as tall as a person!
Happy in bright, indirect light, it can handle lower light situations well and doesn't mind waiting a few extra days for a drink.
Comes with a decorative 5in planter that covers the plastic grower pot inside. Grower pot has drainage holes, cover pot does not.
- Provide bright, indirect light near a window, or artificial light for most of the day.
- Water when the top inch of soil is dry to the touch.
- Drain excess water from the ceramic pot after watering so the plant does not remain in standing water.
- Easy care! Fertilize with houseplant fertilizer during growing season of spring/summer.
- Trimming the top of the plant from time to time will produce a wider plant, and keep the height to where you like it.
- The sap can be an irritant, so take care when trimming leaves.
- Not recommended for human or animal consumption.